Knowing whether our meditation comes from the heart or the mind is essential if it is to progress in accordance with Wise View. The mind uses the meditation to fulfill a purpose and calculates a path toward that defined end. The heart openly embraces all experiences and does not seek outside itself for satisfaction.
This series is a collection of talks, given over the years, by Rodney Smith exploring aspects of heart-centered meditation.
Teachers: Rodney Smith
Venues: Seattle Insight Meditation Center
- Sensitivity of the Heart 2002-06-10
- Task-Centered and Heart-Centered Meditation 2003-04-08
- The Awakened Heart 2003-04-10
- Heartfelt Attention 2004-07-27
- Inclining the Mind Toward Love 2008-01-15
- Kindness and Its Near Enemies 2008-01-29
- Impersonating the Heart 2008-02-12
- Forgiveness 2008-11-18
- The Intuitive Heart 2008-12-02
- The Inclusive Heart 2008-12-16