1/18/2020 9:00 AM -
Nalanda West (3902 Woodland Park Ave. N, Seattle, 98102) (
Each day of this retreat begins at 9:00am and ends at 4:30pm.
How do we actualize our potential as human beings? We will explore three phases of the human maturing process:
1. Growing up and developing our human expression.
2. Showing up and confronting our responsibilities as aware adults.
3. Waking up and allowing life to evolve out of its self-centered identity.
Each phase of development requires greater awareness, more resolve, and a deeper probing of our psyche until our unconscious mind is fully exposed. This weekend through talks, Q&A, dyads, guided meditations, and Chi Qong practice we will look at the process of becoming fully human.
Registration and Donation
The suggested event donation is $90 for Saturday and Sunday, or $50 for one day. Following our tradition, none of this donation will go to the teacher. Please consider offering teacher dana at the event to support their livelihood. (Dana is a term for generosity, or freely offered giving). No one is turned away for inability to offer a donation. Please use your best efforts to pay the suggested donation or another heartfelt amount. Online registration offers three donation levels.
- Suggested donation - $90 for 2 days or $50 for one day.
- Benefactor donation - $120 for 2 days or $60 for one day, for those who have the means to make a larger donation to support someone who needs to pay less.
- Supported donation - $60 for 2 days or $30 for one day, for those who need to pay less than the suggested donation amount.
Attendees of Non-Residential Retreats who need to offer less than the suggested donation may choose the online Supported level or register and pay at the door using cash or check in any amount they choose. People who are able to pay more than the suggested donation, and would like to support those who need to pay less, may choose the online Benefactor level or make a donation at the door. The suggested dana is based on what is needed financially to offer this programming. SIMS is committed to providing a spiritual refuge where everyone feels welcome, and to making the dharma accessible to all who seek it. We rely on the generosity of retreat participants to sustain these programs.
There are two registration options:
- Online: Make your event payment using a credit or debit card. This option is available if you are paying the Suggested, Benefactor or Supported donation amount. (Online registration closes 24 hours prior to the event.)
- In-person at the event: Make your payment by cash or check at the door on the day of the event.
SIMS is an all volunteer Sangha. There is no paid staff managing retreats. This retreat is possible only with volunteers' dana/generosity of service during the event. Please consider volunteering during this weekend retreat. Our volunteer coordinator will contact you with more details. We appreciate your generosity in action. Thank you.
If you have a question for the teacher or about this event, please send it to email@example.com.