Within the SIMS sangha, the dharma and children group came together to foster a deeper understanding of how our individual practices include our relationships to children and to increase support within the sangha for those working with or raising children.
Our efforts are meant to include everyone who relates to children in some way – aunts, uncles, grandparents, parents, teachers, neighbors.
Activities and resources for children and families within SIMS include:
- opportunities for interconnection through family-friendly involvement in SIMS social engagement projects
- a KM parenting group that meets once a month
- reading and resource suggestions for children and parents in coordination with the SIMS library
- mentors who are interested in discussing parenting and family issues with beginning students
- a teen meditation class
- an online discussion group
- SIMS activities for the whole family – the Jataka tales and the annual picnic
Dharma and children is a "work in progress." We invite your participation and suggestions. To find out more or to become involved, please contact us.